D2C Healthcare Users
To brief a client by obtaining the psychographics and demographics of consumers who patronize direct-to-consumer (D2C or DTC) healthcare solutions (especially at home testing).
- In terms of diagnostics, 23andMe successfully helped in creating direct-to-consumer genetic testing. Several startups have followed suit and are now raising money within the direct-to-consumer carrier screening and testing markets.
- According to Ashleigh Hinde, CEO and founder of Waldo, consumers are choosing "smaller companies that are “thoughtful” about their products and closer to their customers".
- Due to competition from direct-to-consumer brands, GlaxoSmithKline (a healthcare giant) is rethinking the way it connects with its customers.
- Carlton Lawson, GlaxoSmithKline's head of global categories, considers small companies with "close customer relationships as more of a threat than the likes of Unilever or P&G".
- A Fast Company report reveals that younger consumers have shown an increased preference for shopping online. This has positioned D2C brands as a major threat to traditional primary care providers.
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.