Apparel/Garments Market Analysis
To provide an analysis of the garments industry by finding the number of garments (apparel-split between tops and bottom, childrenswear, accessories, belts, gloves, hats/caps, scarfs, ties, nightwear, underwear, hosiery, footwear, and sportswear) sold and produced per year, both globally and by region, and the number of trims (paper items attached to a garments, like tags or price tickets + size strips) by category and region.
Publicly Available Information on the Apparel market
- According to a report from Euromonitor International, as of 2017, the global apparel and footwear market was valued at $1.7 trillion, and is expected to grow by 2% by 2022.
- According to market research firm, Statista, as of 2015, Europe accounted for a share of 27% of the global apparel market, North America accounted for 22%, Asia Pacific acounted for 36%, while the rest of the world accounted for 14%.
- According to Statista also, by 2020, the diffferent regions are projected to have the following shares of the global apparel market. Europe - 22%, North America - 22%, Asia Pacific - 38%, and the rest of the world - 14%.
- According to Statista, the global apparel market had a size of $1.3 trillion in 2015, and is projected to grow to a size of $1.5 trillion by 2020. As of 2017, the apparel category with the highest global growth rate was sportswear, which grew at 6.8%.
- As of 2017, the four largest apparel and footwear categories were womenswear, menswear, sportswear, and childrenswear.
- China has the largest underwear market in the world.
Other Relevant Information
- Euromonitor has an archive of apparel and footewear markets for various countries and regions, and each can be found here.
We found some proprietary research from one of our data partners which may be helpful:
If you'd like us to purchase this report on your behalf, just let us know!
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.