Gel Pen Market Analysis: Canada
To provide an overview of the gel pen and erasable pen market in Canada, including insights on the key players in the market. The research should also provide insights on the digital media habits for the following demographic segments: Gen Z (9-24 years old), GenX and GenY (25 to 40+ years old), business professionals, young professionals, university/college students, Asian community, and people having an affinity for business news, as well as Asian media.
- Gel pen brands available in Canada are: Zebra, Pilot, Sanford, Pentel, Integra, Cross Pens, Juvale, Sharpie, Uchida, etc.
- Erasable pen brands available in Canada are: Pilot, Alvin, Avery, Mastervision, Sanford, Flipside, etc.
- According to the latest estimates available, one of the gel pen brands in Canada, Zebra Pen Canada Corporation, has an annual revenue of $1 Million.
- As far as digital media habits of different age groups in Canada are concerned, 72% of Canadian teens use social media. Usage among Anglophones (74%) is more than the Francophones (64%).
- Instagram, as a social media platform, is significantly more popular among teens (67%) than it is among Canadians aged 18 and older (43%).
- For 76% of teens using Instagram in Canada, the most preferred activity is “liking” the posts of others, followed by 56% who prefer messaging friends and 51% who said it was watching videos.
- 91% of older Canadians prefer Facebook, compared to 65% of teens.
- 57% of Canadian teens favor Snapchat compared to 23% of those 18-plus.
- Business professionals in Canada see social media as a successful marketing and recruiting tool.
- The use of Pinterest in Canada is led by GenX (25%), followed by Baby Boomers (21%) and Millennials (18%).
- The use of Twitter is split almost equally among the following age groups: Millennials (30%), GenX (33%) and Baby Boomers (27%).
- Reddit is the most popular platform among those who are 18-34 years of age, with little penetration into other age groups.
- The usage of YouTube in Canada is distributed among various age groups in the following way: Millennials (72%), GenX (67%), Baby Boomers (50%).
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.