Gen Y and Z Negative Traits
The goal is to find some negative traits that Gen Y and Z possess, as well as positive (opposite) traits that older generations possess in order to find ways to "replace" those negative traits with positive ones.
Generation Z and Millennial Negative Traits
- Generation Z has shorter attention spans than other generations, averaging at only 8 seconds.
- Gen Z has less company loyalty than other generations. 25% of Gen Z people say they tend to leave their jobs after only a year or less with each company.
- Gen Z is considered a much more cynical generation overall.
- Millennials are more independent and thus are less interested in teamwork in their jobs.
- Millennials also have a weaker work ethic, only averaging 38.8 hours per week at work. Other generations average over 40 hours.
- Millennials need more instant-gratification and recognition at work than other generations.
Generation X and Baby Boomer Positive Traits
- Gen X is considered to be the largest revenue generators in the workforce.
- 77% of Gen X workers reported working for the same company for more than a year.
- Baby Boomers value traditional work hierarchies and are more satisfied with putting in years of work to earn praise and promotions instead of needing instant-gratification.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.