Retail Membership Programs
Gain an understanding of what Gen Z consumers want from a retail membership program, as well as examples of how retailers integrate different kinds of value for members both inside and outside the shopping experience, in order to frame a business strategy
- A survey of consumers shows they are used to getting membership rewards for free, but also that certain perks are worth paying for a retail membership.
- 37% of consumers surveyed noted a willingness to pay a fee for enhanced benefits in a loyalty program.
- 47% of Gen Z consumers are willing to pay more for premium loyalty programs.
- Alongside loyalty programs, Gen Z also have a desire for technology to drive their retail shopping experience.
- 36% of Gen Z surveyed feel a strong connection to a brand or brands.
- Membership programs aimed at Gen Z should have mobile options, or even an associated mobile app, as 48% use mobile apps to shop at least some of the time.
- Free shipping and discounts are the top two things that online retail shoppers desire in a loyalty program, with services and exclusive offers also important.
- 69% of consumers surveyed will only join a loyalty program if they shop with the retailer frequently.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.