Addressing Gender Inequality in Marketing : CPG Case Studies
To provide case studies where CPG companies, especially those selling cleaning products, have done a marketing activation or media activation to address gender inequality.
#LikeAGirl by Always
- Always is a brand belonging to the CPG giant P&G. It sells CPG products such as Menstrual Pads, Wipes etc.
- To change the perception of the term “like a girl” into a positive Always launched a campaign with the hashtag #LikeAGirl.
- Since its launch in 2014, the campaign till date has resulted into 3 times more girls having a positive association with the phrase “Like A Girl” (increased from 19% to 76%).
- 94% agree that Always’ #LikeAGirl campaign has encouraged girls to be more confident.
- The youtube video promoting #LikeAGirl has till date garnered more than 67 million views.
#WeSeeEqual by P&G
- In 2017, P&G launched its gender equality campaign with the hashtag #WeSeeEqual.
- Since its launch in 2017, it has been viewed millions of times in more than 180 countries and was named one of the most inclusive ads of 2017 by the Association of National Advertisers (ANA).
- In terms of using its cleaning products to drive the message, its #ShareTheLoad campaign for P&G’s leading detergent brand in India was meant to change the gender bias that results in 70% of children believing it’s a woman’s responsibility to do the laundry.
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.