List of Potential Clients
To compile a list of potential customers for maritime for intelligent navigation and collision avoidance.
- Orca AI is a software solution targeted at the maritime industry to help improve marine navigation and prevent collisions by reducing human-caused errors through intelligent automated vessels.
- Analyzing Orca AI's web pages helped establish the fact that Orca AI's services are designed to be used by a ship's captain and his navigation crew.
- To that end, we will be researching shipping companies that have either announced their plans/willingness to adopt artificial intelligence (AI) for maritime navigation or shipping companies that have experienced recent shipping mishaps due to human-caused errors.
Examples of Potential Clients
- In November 2018, two shipping vessels — frigate HNoMS Helge Ingstad and tanker Sola TS — collided outside the Sture Terminal in Hordaland county. In a recent investigative report by the Accident Investigation Board Norway (AIBN), the collision was caused by poor visibility and general lack of experience on the part of the captain.
- HNoMS Helge Ingstad features an automatic identification system (AIS). The tanker, Sola TS was operated by a Greek shipping company, Tsakos Columbia Shipmanagement (TCM) S.A., and the frigate was operated by the Royal Norwegian Navy.
- Shipping giant, Orient Overseas Container Line Limited (OOCL), recently announced its willingness to adopt artificial intelligence (AI) in its operations and navigations. According to the article, the company regards AI as a viable key to future growth.
Summary Of Our Early Findings Relevant To The Goals
- In our initial hour of research, we were able to identify two shipping companies that would want to purchase software for intelligent navigation due to their willingness to adopt artificial intelligence or their involvement in recent navigation mishaps.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.