Genital Ice Packs
To research 1. the market size or target audiences for the market, with a specific focus on any markets not previously identified (in past research) for the genital ice pack industry in the US; 2. a competitive landscape, strengths, and weaknesses for Pariday, VagiKool, and ShePak 3. a SWOT analysis for the industry for genital ice packs.
- "Vulvodynia is a chronic pain that is defined as genital pain with no known etiology that lasts more than three months and may or may not be associated with sexual intercourse."
- In the United States, its prevalence is "approximately 10% to 20%, with the leading causes varying by age group."
- "7% of American women will have symptoms consistent with vulvodynia by age 40."
- Almost 75 % of women have experienced pain with sex.
"Pain that is more persistent affects 7 to 22 % of women, and up to 45 % of menopausal women and 60 % of cancer survivors report pain with sex."
- Dyspareunia is the medical term for painful intercourse is dyspareunia. "This definition includes recurrent or persistent discomfort that happens before, during, or after intercourse."
- "Dyspareunia is a symptom of vaginal and vulvar atrophy due to menopause."
- A recent Harvard study "showed that there are approximately 6 million American women who are suffering from vulvodynia."
- "Over 60% of patients' report of visiting three or more health care providers for diagnosis and 40% of patients remain undiagnosed.
- "This study also reported that 40% of women with painful symptoms did not even seek medical care."
- Companies are investing in research and development and mergers and acquisitions in order to cater to the need of the growing number of patients. They are looking out for treatments and drugs that can subside the pain related to vulvodynia.
- The "global vulvodynia treatment market is expected to register a CAGR of 6.1% over the forecast period of 2018 and 2028. The market was worth US$ 4,261.2 M in 2017 and is expected to rise to a valuation of US$ 8,091.6 M by the end of 2028."
Menopause Treatment Market
- Statistics note that roughly "85% women above 40 suffer from menopause."
- A report has predicted "4.2% Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) for the global menopause treatment during the forecast period between 2017 and 2023. In terms of cash, the market growth is expected to reach the US $3.3 B by 2023."
- The USA is said to be a favorable market for menopause treatment, with healthcare expenses being 16 % of US GDP.
- "North America accounts for the leading market for menopause treatments with the largest market share attributing to the high expenditure on healthcare."
- Menopausal women were added as a target audience since dyspareunia is a symptom of menopause.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
The initial hour for this research was able to identify sufferers of vulvudynia and women experiencing menopause as a market for genital ice packs. We recommend further research in order to give 1. a competitive landscape, strengths, and weaknesses for Pariday ( https://www.pariday.com/), VagiKool (https://vagikool.com/), and ShePak (https://www.femicorp.com/product/shepak-cooling-kit/) 2. a SWOT analysis for the industry for genital ice packs; and 3. to identify 2-3 more target audiences for the market, excluding markets not previously identified in past Wonder research for the genital ice pack industry in the US.
We can also identify 2-3 insights on what women do to cope with genital pain. We can try to find if they do unusual practices (such as putting peas and carrots on their privates), how common it is, or why they do it.