Alldi Private Label brands
To research and compile data on manufacturers for the private label brands of German retailer Aldi in order to evaluate a new market for a private label in Germany.
- Germany is the largest grocery products and food market in Europe, valued at $273.5 billion. The private label market of food products within Europe is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 7%, compared to 2.1% forecast growth in overall European food sales.
- Private label sales account for 45% of grocery sales in Germany compared to 18.5% in the USA. In the frozen food category, more than half of all sales were private labels.
- The potential of the European market for private labels in supermarkets and in particular that of the potential in German supermarkets were identified in this report published by the USDA.
- Noteworthy findings within the report include the $37.5 billion in revenue that Aldi collected from its more than four thousand stores across Germany.
- Aldi split into two separate brands in 1961 know as Aldi Sud and Aldi Nord. According to the European supermarket magazine, the two companies intend to merge their private label purchasing by the end of 2020 in order to simplify the process for their suppliers.
- As of 2019, more than 90% of the products that Aldi carries are its own private label brands.
- This list details all the private labels that can be found in Aldi stores across the USA and is broken down into sub-sectors.
- This list details all the private labels that can be found in Aldi Nord stores across Germany.
- This list details all the private labels that can be found in Aldi Sud stores across Germany.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.