As there are only a limited number of definitions realted to the word "positivity", we decided to also explore things like positive thinking, positive mindset, and adopting a positive frame.
Definitions of positivity
- According to the Oxford dictionary, positivity is “the practice of being or tendency to be positive or optimistic in attitude.”
- Positivity can also be defined as "the act of training your brain to think and respond to situations calmly and optimistically."
- The Cambridge disctionary also defines positivity as an emotion that promotes confidence in people.
- Positivity also means to look for solutions that will bring good results and success.
- Another way to look at it is that positive thinking is responsible for thoughts that "create and transform energy into reality."
- It can also be defined as the fact of being present when something is tested.
- Positivity also means that something is undeniable in nature or not worth arguing about.
- Positivity can also be used to mean a number greater than zero.
- According to the Cambridge dictionary, in terms of a scientific setting, positivity can mean having a successful test result on a study or a project.
- To be in a positive frame of mind is characterized as enjoying the present and not worrying about the future.
- Positive thinking is also defined as never giving up in any situation.