Top Apple Varieties
To obtain data on the top 10 apple varieties by provinces in China, India, Vietnam, and Indonesia. This data will be provided in sales and in volume.
- 75% of all fruits imported into India are apples.
- In 2016, the country imported 350,000 metric tons of apples. In 2017, the value stood at 240,000.
- The main suppliers of apples for this market are China and the US.
- Club apple varieties are on high demand in India.
- Royal Gala takes a large part of the market share. Other close competitors are Red Delicious and Pink Lady.
- A huge part of the Indian market is made up of millennials. For this reason, the digital market is a great aspect to consider when selling/introducing items into the market.
- Aomori apples are strongly popular in the China market.
- China is one of the largest premium marketplace for apples. There is a growing desire and new taste for different apple varieties.
- The Chinese consumers peel apples.
- China has witnessed an increase in disposable income due to the one-child policy, therefore, millennials are more interested in new tastes and use food as a show of status.
- This market does not have as much material need as previous generations. For this reason, most are interested in new tastes and experiment with the food they eat.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.