To understand the cloud services market in the US, Mexico, China, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand.
Global Cloud Services Market
- In 2019, the global cloud services market was worth $264.8 billion and was forecast to grow by 16.4% from 2020 to 2027.
- Gartner reported in 2019 that the global public cloud services market was $227.8 billion in 2019, up from $196.7 billion in 2018.
- At $99.5 billion, SaaS (cloud application services or software as a service) has the largest share of the global market, with BpaaS (business process as a service or cloud business process services) being a distant second at $43.7 billion.
- IaaS (infrastructure as a service or cloud system infrastructure services) is a close third as the revenue for this segment was $40.3 billion in 2019. IaaS is the fastest-growing "market segment, and is expected to reach $76.6 billion by 2022."
- The revenue for PaaS (platform as a service or cloud application infrastructure services) was $32.2 billion in 2019. At $12 billion, the cloud management and security services segment has the least share of the market.
- The North American region has the highest revenue in the global market as it "adopted the technology early as most of the market players hail from this region." Europe is a close second because it is "adopting cloud services in various sectors such as healthcare, banking financial services & insurance, and education."
- The Asia Pacific region is expected to see the highest growth - 18.6% - from 2020 to 2027. The region's cloud services market is expected to be worth $145.6 Billion by 2027.
Cloud Spending by Country
- With spending of $124.6 billion in 2019, the United States is the "largest market for public cloud infrastructure and services."
- China is a distant second as its public cloud spending was $10.5 billion in 2019, while the UK's spending was $10 billion.
- Germany's cloud spending was $9.5 billion, while Japan's spending was $7.4 billion.
- Mexico's cloud storage market was worth $2.14 billion, while Singapore's public cloud market was worth almost $2 billion in 2019.
- Malaysia's cloud computing market was worth more than $800 million in 2019, while Thailand's cloud computing market was worth almost $500 million.
- Indonesia has a much smaller share of the global public cloud market as its market size was $200 million in 2018.
- Our initial hour of research was spent determining if the requested data on cloud services is available in the public domain. The research team was able to gather the market size of cloud services in the US, Mexico, China, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand in 2019. Please note that there is no breakdown of this data from 2010 to 2018 by country.
- In addition, the market size and the market growth rate for the last 10 years of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, managed services, and license and product sales within the requested US sectors could not be found.
- The research team suggests focusing on 2018 or 2019 for the aforementioned data on PaaS, IaaS, managed services, and license and product sales, rather than the last 10 years.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.