Global Language Learning Market
To find the size of the global language learning market, specifically, by the following segments: Online and offline language learning, tought language, student's language proficiency level, and type of service e.g., online tutor, app, courses, etc. For each segment, provide the revenue and the number of students. In addition, provide the number of global English as a foreign/second language students by proficiency level. The research will be used in an investor pitch deck for a startup.
Online Language Learning Market
- According to an April 2020 market research report, the size of the global online language learning market in 2019 was $5.92 Billion. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 13.18% to reach $12.45 Billion by 2025.
- However, another report from July 2020 provides a more promising growth trend in the market, estimating that the online language learning market will reach $21.2 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 18.7% from 2020 to 2027.
- Other industry resources such as Technavio, estimate the global online language learning market size to increase by $18.61 billion from 2020-2024 at a CAGR of nearly 18%.
Offline Language Learning Market
- While there is no recent information available on the size of the global offline or total (offline + online) language learning market, a source from 2016 provides estimates on the offline English and non-English learning market in 2020. According to this source, the size of the global offline English language learning market will be $28.1 billion in 2020, while the size of the global offline non-English language learning market will be $17.5 billion in 2020. Hence, the estimated size of the global offline language learning market in 2020 is roughly $45.6 billion. ($28.1+$17.5 billion).
Online English and non-English Language Learning Market
- Per the above source, the estimated size of the global online/digital English language learning market will be $3.8 billion while that of the non-English market will be $2.5 billion in 2020.
- Hence, the estimated size of the global online language learning market in 2020 is $6.3 billion ($3.8+$2.5 billion), which is close to the market size of $5.92 Billion in 2019, proving the validity of this data.
Global Language Learning Games Market
- According to a July 2020 report by Technavio, the global language learning games market is expected to grow by $3.32 billion during 2020-2024, at a CAGR of more than 28%.
- Some of the key players in the global online language learning market report are "Berlitz Corporation (U.S.), Rosetta Stone Inc. (U.S.), Memrise Inc. (U.K.), Inlingua International Ltd. (Switzerland), Sanako Corporation (Finland), Duolingo Inc. (U.S.), Babbel (Germany), Busuu Ltd (U.K.), iTutor Group (Taiwan), Open Education LLC (U.S.), and Linguistica 360, Inc. (U.S.)."
Summary of Findings
- We were unable to find the size of the global language learning market by the following segments: Tought language market, student's language proficiency level, and type of service e.g., online tutor, app, courses, due to shortage of time. However, initial research shows that this information is only available behind paywalled sources and is likely not available in the public domain.
- Due to lack of publicly available information on the size of different segments of the language learning market, insights on the market can be provided instead. In addition, a competitive analysis of key players in the market can also be provided in this spreadsheet.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.