Global Market Research Leaders 2
To create a high level overview of Ipsos, GfK, and IrI and identify what type of research they focus on, who they sell to, how much they charge for different research modalities, and/or whether they buy research from others.
- Ipsos currently offers its clients several solutions including market strategy, innovation, creative excellence, brand health tracking, Ipsos MMA, retail and consumer intelligence, retail performance, public affairs, healthcare, and others.
Ipsos' Healthcare Service Line includes the following categories Healthcare Commercial Insights, Healthcare Evidence, Value, and Access, and Healthcare Commercial Strategy and Advisory Services.
- Their Healthcare Service Line "has over 1,000 experts who guide players in the
human and animal healthcare sector
(pharmaceutical industry, biotechnology, medical and
diagnostic equipment, new health-related technologies and
connected health) in their decision-making processes
concerning the solutions, services, and medicines they
- This service is dedicated to helping "clients to better understand patients and
healthcare professionals throughout the life cycle of their
solutions (medicines, equipment, e-health solutions) from
the early stages of their development up to post-launch."
- Their Healthcare Service Line depends on "dedicated teams in 50 countries and expertise centers for their main therapeutic areas."
- "Ipsos MORI does online surveys, focus groups, and telephone interviews and their rates for an online survey begins at £1,000."
- In 2018, Ipsos acquired
four global custom research divisions of GfK Custom
Research, specifically, “Customer Experience”; "Experience Innovation";
“Health”; and “Public Affairs”.
- "Almost 1000 GfK professionals joined Ipsos in 26 countries, including major markets such as China, Germany, UK, and the USA".
- GfK is a major player in consumer durables and
technological products. In 2017, GfK transitioned into "two
divisions named "GfK Digital" and "GfK Research". In
2018, Ipsos acquired four global divisions within GfK
Research with estimated revenue of €200 million".
- IRI integrates "purchase, media, social, causal and loyalty data to help CPG, retail, over-the-counter health care, and media companies grow their businesses."
They use predictive analytics to uncover new consumer insights and integrate them on their IRI Liquid Data platform.
- Their solutions are focused on market performance and strategy, consumers and shoppers, analytics and in-market execution, media, retail, and big data technology.
- For this hour, we tried identifying as much of the requested information as possible. We were able to identify some early insights on Ipsos, GfK, and IRI, mainly on what type of research they focus on in terms of the healthcare industry and who they sell to.
- Based on the available information, it appears that GfK's health solutions segment is now owned by Ipsos, while IRI's solutions are focused on over-the-counter health care customers.
- Information on how much they charge for different research modalities and whether they buy research from others did not appear available in a public search. However, we found that Ipsos MORI's (in the UK) online surveys begin at £1,000. Additionally, Ipsos has 1,000 experts (which includes professionals from GfK) who guide their clients, based on this it is likely that they do not buy research from others.
- As this hour only focused on Ipsos, GFK, and Irl, we can continue the research for Mckinsey and Westat, if this is still of interest. If more information on IRI is preferred, please let us know in a comment below.
- In the course of our research, we also came across more general information on the healthcare market research industry.
- Feel free to add or select an option below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
We can continue the research on the other global market research leaders (Mckinsey and Westat). We can provide a high level overview of Mckinsey and Westat. Where available, we can provide an overview on what type of research they focus on, who they sell to, how much they charge for different research modalities, and/or whether they buy research from others. We will try to focus research around whether they do market research in healthcare, if available.
Alternatively, we can also identify 2-3 insights on the healthcare market research industry as a whole. Where available, we can identify market research strategies for hospitals (or other healthcare service), and/or insights on the importance of conducting market research in the healthcare industry.