Global Market Size for Retail Reverse Logistics
To determine the global market size for the reverse logistics market of the retail industry, with current growth rate and projections for the next year, to be used in preparation of a business plan.
- The Global reverse logistics market is projected to reach $603.90 billion by 2025, registering a CAGR of 4.6% from 2018 to 2025.
- Exponential growth of this market is brought on by growth in the e-commerce sector of the retail industry, with estimated growth at $1.4 billion from 2019 to 2021.
- Global retail sales are expected to reach $30 trillion U.S. dollars by 2023.
- The rise in mobile phones and internet penetration drives the growth of the reverse logistics market in retail, with approxiamtely 30% of products ordered online returned.
- In 2018, global e-commerce retail alone was valued at US$ 2.8 trillion (22.8% growth) with more than 25% returned (8% were brick & mortar products), driving the reverse logistics market growth worldwide.
- In 2019, the global in-store or brick-and-mortar retail channel generated $21.7 trillion U.S. dollars in sales.
- As of February 2020, global retail market sales reached $26.07 trillion U.S. dollars.
- By 2022, if current Retail Industry forecasts hold, retailers can expect an additional 13 billion units returned annually worth $573 billion.
- Online global retail revenues are projected to grow to 6.54 trillion US dollars in 2022.
- The rise of e-commerce over the past 10-years has driven a 33% increase in the return rate of overall retail sales.
- The growth expectation of e-commerce is approximately 15% annually with product return rates near 30% of sales; consequently, it is expected to add 4 billion incremental units to the annual reverse logistics pipeline by 2022.
The cost of return deliveries world-wide has grown to $642 billion US dollars.
- In 2018, costs for the U.S. return delivery market reached $381 billion dollars and is predicted to reach $550 billion by 2020.
- Online shopping activities worldwide in 2019 for global retail e-commerce sales reached $3.53 trillion with e-retail sales accounting for 14.1% of all retail sales worldwide (this figure is expected to reach 22% by 2023).
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.