Global MBA Market
To determine the size of the global MBA industry broken down by top schools and lower-ranked schools.
- According to a survey by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), the largest and most widely cited survey of its kind in the industry, there are over 7,000 graduate management programs worldwide. The US alone offers over 1,757 MBA programs.
- The MBA is the most popular program offered by business schools across the globe. However, business schools offer a number of other management programs including Masters in Finance and Data Analytics.
- The global market for executive management education programs is currently valued at $2 billion. The Harvard Business School in the US, IMD in Switzerland, and Insead in France are some of the top management schools that generate more than $100m of revenue a year from executive education.
- According to a past report by GMAC, there were more than 250,000 students enrolled in MBA programs in various US business schools in 2008. In addition, over 100,000 MBA degrees are awarded annually in the US alone. The top ten business schools in the US enrolled 5,446 new students in 2018.
- Outside the US, 110,002 students were enrolled in MBA programs in 2012.
Summary of Findings
In our initial hour of research, we were able to determine the number of MBA students both globally and in the US. We were also able to determine the number of MBA programs both globally and in the US. Finally, we were able to identify useful insight on the current market size of executive management programs (Executive MBAs), which is a type of MBA.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.