To have the market sizes for baby strollers and for micromobility bikes/scooters for every country over the past 4 years, as well as projections for the future - with a particular focus on the market for premium electric strollers in the US and Europe.
Global pram and stroller market
- This year the global pram and stroller market was at US$2.17 billion
- It is projected to grow at a CAGR of 2.4% over the next five years, reaching $2.5 billion in 2024.
- China occupies 43.76% of the global market, putting its current market size at $955 million.
- Globally, online retailers are expected to grow the most over the next five years (at 5.6%), but specialist retailers still have a majority of the market when it comes to distribution.
- Some of the key companies are Artsana
, Combi Corporation
, Dorel Industries
, Goodbaby International
, Newell Brands
Stroller market: United States and North America
- In 2016, the US baby stroller market was worth $423.8 million.
- Making up almost a majority of that market were light-weight strollers, followed by standard, jogging, and travel-system strollers.
- In 2018, North America had a 35.7% share of the overall revenue - which translates to $775 million
Electric strollers and mobility products
- As the electric stroller for parent and child is quite new, there is little information on consumer demand and unit sales, and we were unable to find companies selling electric mobility products that a parent and child can ride together.
- Bosch's smart electric stroller, for example - which doesn't provide mobility for the parent as well, but does include features like high tech sensors and smartphone integration - won't launch until next year.
- This electrical pram includes climatized controls, an electric bottle warmer, webcams, and many more functions. It is propelled by an electrical engine, making things easier for parents - especially when going up hill. The company started its research and development stage almost two years ago.
- This electric stroller aims to "empower" parents with uphill and downhill support.
- The company behind the above product surveyed millennial parents about electrical prams, and found that despite the generation's preference for gadgets, they were skeptical about the benefits of "smart parenting." The company noted, "For parents to make an investment in a product such as an e-stroller, they need to be sure that it will make a tangible improvement to their lives."
- Companies leading the electric scooter market in the US include Bird, Lime, Spin, Goat and Skip.
- Ride-sharing is proving to be a key driver of the micromobility market.
- Our initial research into this market, as well as our experience with this sort of information, shows that there are no publicly available databases that provide market figures on a country-by-country basis. All market reports are behind paywalls, though some provide excerpts, which limit the data to global or regional (continental) based figures.
- When trying to find information about mobility products to be used by a parent and child together, we found that the closest results were related to mobility products for disabled children like this one.
- We also found that there are some combined stroller-scooter products: though they don't tend to be electrical.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.