Global Seats for Religions
For a project for a large Christian church, it is important to understand the global seats for religions other than Christianity and what experiences people have when visiting them. For Christianity, it is important to understand what other global seats there are other than the Vatican.
- Some global religions are Atheism/Agnosticism, Bahá’í, Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Druze, Gnosticism, Hinduism, Islam, Jainism, Judaism, Rastafarianism, Shinto, Sikhism, Zoroastrianism, Taoism, Traditional African Religions, African Diaspora Religions, and Indigenous American Religions.
- For Muslims (Islam), Mecca is their religious center.
- For Jews, Jerusalem is sacred as it has two important sites where "God has historically made his dwelling among them": the Temple and its Western Wall. Jews feel that "touching the ancient stones on the Temple Mount connects [them] to David, Abraham, and most importantly, to the presence of God on earth. The Mount is where their prayers rise up to God."
- Some Christian denominations are Roman Catholicism, Eastern Orthodoxy, Lutherans, Anglicans, the Reformed, Anabaptists (Mennonites), Jehovah's Witness, The Church of the Latter Day Saints (Mormons), the Baptists, the Presbyterians, the United Methodist Church, the Seventh Day Adventists, the Pentecostal Church, the Lutheran Church, the Moravian Church.
- The headquarters of the Mormon Church is in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- For the Seventh Day Adventist, the General Council oversees the global ministry of the church and it has its headquarters in Silver Spring, Maryland.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.