Taxonomy for Non-Profit Space
To find information on currently available resources that can be used in building a taxonomy for the non-profit space.
- Enterprise taxonomy "is typically defined as a classification system that spans the enterprise, including the full range of asset types, the business groups within the organization, and the systems and tools that support content management and presentation."
- Enterprise taxonomy enables "dynamic presentation of content, content in context, automation, personalization/customization, content reuse, more effective content management
, and easier and cheaper localization."
- A well-structured taxonomy system within any business enterprise is important because such a system is central to multiple business functions including business intelligence, content strategy and management, digital asset management, knowledge management, and user experience.
- A detailed overview of the business functions listed above can be found here.
- The National Taxonomy of Exempt Entities (NTEE) appears to be a resource that can be used by non-profits when building a taxonomy.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.