Determine the best practices that various firms such as startup technology companies and video game companies apply to have a good engineering culture. Determine also any specific technologies or communication mediums that they have referenced, or cultural values, creeds, and others that they manifest.
- Electronic Arts is a video game company that aims to have a culture where their employees are their source of strength.
- The company also ensures that it is focused on strengthening its relationship with the players as it consider them as its "most valuable asset."
- The company is also committed to ensure that it is fostering a passionate, creative, and innovative culture throughout its organization, with a strong regard to its players. The company is crediting this type of culture in their success.
- The company also implemented a code of conduct to ensure that its employees are doing the right thing as they go about their work.
- They have opened a communication channel to raise concerns on any code violation.
- The company is also allowing its employees to express their thoughts on social media as long as they will follow EA's communication guidelines.
- They can also use LinkedIn to network with other professionals as long as they are not sharing anything confidential.
- Indeed fosters collaboration and teamwork among its employees.
- It also encourages its employees to communicate their ideas and work with each other to contribute to the company's goals.
Summary of Findings:
Our one hour of research provided some of the cultural aspects of Electronic Arts, a gaming company and Indeed, a startup job posting company.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
We propose to continue with the research to provide 2-3 additional best practices that firms such as startup technology companies or video game companies apply to have a good engineering culture. We will focus on finding their specific technologies or communication mediums that they have referenced, as well as cultural values, creeds, and other norms that they manifest. For each best practice, we will explain what the practice is, why is it a best practice, and any available success metrics.
We also recommend undertaking additional research to provide 2-3 case studies for each size (small, mid-size, and enterprise) of startup technology companies or video game companies that describe the technologies or communication mediums that they have referenced, as well as cultural values, creeds, and other norms that they manifest.