Google's Revenue Per Search- U.S
To determine Google's revenue per search in US, preferably split by desktop/mobile, to be used as an input information into a model.
Google Search Revenue Overview
- Advertising revenue through search has always been crucial for Google and it constitutes 83.9% of Google parent company Alphabet’s revenue in 2019.
- According to the new study by eMarketer, the U.S. search ad market is expected to grow nearly 18% in 2019 to reach $55.17 billion and Google holds a 73.1% share of that, equaling $40.3 billion.
- In 2018, desktop search retained 48% share of US digital ad revenues while mobile accounted 52% of the revenue.
- In October 2019, Google processed 10.72 billion search queries in US.
- Using the annual Google search revenue figures, we can derive the monthly figure to be $3.4 billion for the US market. Therefore, Google's average revenue per search in US is $0.3.
Summary Of Early Findings
- Our initial hour of research was spent searching for google ad/search revenue, specifically for US market, and the number of search queries processed by Google in US. Through this data we were able to derive the average revenue per search.
- There is limited information available publicly regarding the exact revenue per search in US, especially by the split by device type (desktop/mobile). While there was some information available regarding Google's search engine market share by device type, most of the data was related to overall figures and not by region (US).
- Please select one or more of the options provided in the proposed scoping section below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.