Graphic Design Industry Analysis
To get an informational piece on graphic designers’ employment outlook, work environment, demographics, salary statistics, industry analysis and trends, use cases of graphic design, similar occupations. The information will be used to target designers around the world.
- Graphic designers use computer software or their hands to create visual concepts that are aimed at communicating ideas to customers to inform, inspire and captivate them.
- Graphic designers are employed under specialized services positions in publishing, public relations, advertising, and related services industries.
- To become a reputable and recognized graphic designer, one has to hold a bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field. Candidates for graphic design positions are required to exhibit creativity and originality as crucial.
- According to statistics released by the Bureau of Labour Statistics, the median annual wage for graphic designers was $50,370 in May 2018.
- Predictions by the Bureau of Labour Statistics shows that employment of graphic designers will grow by 3% from 2018 to 2028. The employment growth is slower than the average for other occupations.
- Graphic designers are expected to face stiff competition for available positions.
- Other occupations similar to graphic design include drafters, desktop publishers, craft and fine artists, art directors, web developers, industrial designers, multi-media artists and animators, and technical writers.
- In content marketing, graphic designs bring out the visual elements of brands’ key messages. For example, marketers use graphics to relay call to action messages, infographics and for blog post graphics.
- Some trends in graphic design include; eco-packaging, augmented reality, 3D elements and custome type faces.
- Employment of graphic designers by state and area can be found here.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.