Forex Market Trends/Updates
To find out what has been happening in the foreign exchange (forex) market recently. This research would be used to evaluate new market opportunities and rules for clients.
- The foreign exchange (forex) market is currently "the most actively traded market in the world".
- On average, this market witnesses trading worth over $5 trillion daily. The volume of forex trading exceeds that of global equities by 25 times.
- DailyFX reports that global trade is decreasing. This is a resultant effect of trade wars led by the United States. Consequently, GDP growth is being affected adversely throughout the world.
- According to AtoZ Markets, 2018 was a remarkable year for the USD (United States Dollar) "when the trade-weighted Dollar Index appreciated nearly 5%".
- From the beginning of this year (2019), the USD experienced a zero forward momentum.
- As Chinese clients reduce their spending, the pressure on US businesses is increasing.
- Over the past year, the Canadian Dollar (CAD) lost over 7% of its value against the USD. Also, 10% of its value was lost compared to the Japanese Yen. Falling oil prices is the major factor responsible for this decline in CAD currency value.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.