To provide a global market overview of hard seltzer (size, turnover, key players, the market potential), key consumer groups, key players and their marketing efforts.
- According to Market Info Reports, the top players in the global hard seltzer market include Spiked Seltzer, White Claw, Oskar Blues Brewery, Truly, Henry's, Pura Still, Nauti Seltzer, Smirnoff, Oskar Blues.
- Recently Mark Anthony has launched White Claw in the UK. The company's CEO Davin Nugent says, "Making the decision to come here was an easy one, as consumers familiar with the brand in America have made sure to have their voices heard on our social media channels; demanding we bring White Claw to these shores."
- In the US, the hard seltzer volume sold is currently at 82.5 million nine-liter cases and it is forecasted to reach 281 million cases by 2023, thus taking a market share of 2.6% (together with other seltzer-like products) of the alcohol beverage market.
- Ecommerce sales of the product in the US is currently 0.8% and is expected to increase to 2% in 2023.
- In convenience stores in 2019, the hard seltzer retail sales amounted to $957 million.
- The group most interested in hard seltzer is between 25-34 years old, male, and earn more than $150,000 per year. The age group that follows is 35-44 years old.
- Hard seltzers serves that portion of the market that is seeking for alcohol beverage alternatives that are "refreshing and flavorful, but also low-calorie and low-sugar." According to Sanjiv Gajiwala of Mark Anthony Brands, 80% of households shop in convenience channels and 75% of them are seeking healthy options.
Summary of Findings
- During the initial hour of research, we focused on finding global market information for the hard seltzer segment.
- We found that information on the global market size is behind paywalls. Also, there were no statistics available that would allow us to estimate the market size. We were, however, able to find information on key players in the market.
- Information on the market in the US is available and we have provided some insights regarding this market above.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.