Harman International Competitors
To understand the competitive landscape of JBL and Harmon Kardan, in terms of their wireless headphones, wireless speakers, and in-home speakers, as well as the market size for the entire audio industry, broken down into those three verticals.
Wireless Audio Market
- A report by MarketWatch states that the global wireless audio market is expected to reach $70.4 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 17%.
- It names the competitors as "Sony Corporation (Japan), Bose Corporation (U.S.), Sennheiser Electronic Gmbh & Company Kg (Germany), LG Electronics (South Korea), Sonos, Inc. (U.S.), Koninklijke Philips N.V. (Netherlands), Vizio Holdings, Inc. (U.S.), Apple Inc. (U.S.), Voxx International Corporation (U.S.), and Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd (South Korea)."
- A 2019 Advance Market Analytics report on the wireless audio market, which include speakers and headphones suggests that the primary competitors of Harman International (which is owned by Samsung) include Apple, LG, Bose, Logitech, Plantronics, Urbanista Boston, Sony, Shure, VOXX, and Philips.
Wireless (Bluetooth) Speakers (Residential and Commercial)
- According to a 2019 report by Mordor Intelligence, Harman International's competitors in the bluetooth speakers market include "Sony Corporation, Bose Corporation, Koninklijke Philips NV, and Shure Incorporated."
- Another report suggests competitors include "Sonos, Bose, Amazon, Samsung, Sony, Denon, Edifier, JBL, YAMAHA, Terratec and Pioneer."
- One more report cites "Sonos, Bose, Amazon, Samsung, Sony, Denon, Edifier, JBL, YAMAHA, Terratec, Pioneer" as the top players.
- The global bluetooth speaker market was worth $4.62 billion in 2018 and is expected to reach $34.56 billion in 2024, growing at a CAGR of 40.38%, according to a 2019 Mordor Intelligence.
- The industry is segmented by type (portable and fixed) and application (residential and commercial).
- Another report by Grand View Research suggests that the residential segment holds the largest market share, showing a chart that estimates this segment at approximately 60% of the market.
- Andy Tsui, Harman's Vice President and General Manager of Smart Audio, said in an interview that the JBL brand holds "one-third of market share globally and we’re number 1 in the portable speaker category, which means the speakers we develop have an impact on millions of people around the world."
- Another report shows
- The abstract of the proprietary research linked below suggests that Harman's primary competitors in the wireless headphones segment are Apple, Sony, Bose, and Sennheiser.
- Another report shows Sony, Phillips, Apple, Sennheiser, and Bose as the primary competitors.
Summary of Initial Findings
- Our initial research suggests that Harman International competitors are largely the same for all of its wireless audio products. In the wireless headphones segment, their competitors are Apple, Sony, Bose, and Sennheiser, while in the wireless speaker segment (residential and commercial), they are Sony Corporation, Bose Corporation, Koninklijke Philips NV, and Shure Incorporated. Our research also suggests that market share for each company will be extremely difficult to find. The in-home speaker market appears to be accounted for in the home audio segment of the overall wireless speaker market, as no separate category or market report was found.
PROPRIETARY RESEARCH AVAILABLE
Wireless Headphones Market — Global Outlook and Forecast 2019-2024 (Arizton Advisory and Intelligence, $4,250)
If you'd like us to purchase this report on your behalf, just let us know!
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.