Economic Impact: Eversource Hartford Marathon
To create public-facing statements that support the idea that businesses should invest in Hartford Marathon Foundation events by researching the economic impact of the Eversource Hartford Marathon.
- After the 2015 race, the Hartford Marathon Foundation an estimated 67,000 racers, supporters, and volunteers spent $9.1 million on hotels, shopping, and food. An average group coming for the race spent $325 with 32% spent on hotels and 22% on food.
- Before the 2016 race it was estimated the race would bring in $13 million to Hartford. In fact in 2016, the Eversource Hartford Marathon/Half-Marathon brought in $14.2 million in economic value to the area.
- There are 20 local organizations that support the marathon in addition to group and individual supporters.
- This annual event has a huge impact on local charities, volunteers, and the local economy.
- The 2017 marathon had a $14.5 million economic impact on the city of Hartford. The race brought in 71,180 racers, volunteers, and supporters. 87% of the race participants came to Hartford for the event specifically while 44% were visiting the city for the first time.
- Since 1994, the race has raised $7.2 million for local charities.
- In 2019, more than 10,000 runners participated in the fundraiser.
- Eversource has sponsored the marathon for the past 6 years.
- Leading up to the race and at the race there are multiple local vendors participants and supporters can visit.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.