Understand which generation is most likely to participate in health/wellness/performance/lifestyle trends like vegan, ketogenic, gluten free, brain optimization, triathlete, Ironman, etc.
- According to a study by Neilson, Millennials account for 48% of regular exercisers, Gen X accounts for 32% and Baby Boomers account for 20%.
- Baby boomers spend the most time leisurely exercising on average 5.49-7.75 hours a day.
- Gen X spends an average of 4.4-4.54 hours on leisurely exercise per day.
- Millennials spend an average of 4.22-5.02 hours on leisurely exercise per day.
- 40% of millennials cut back or cut out carbonated beverages from their diet.
- Millennials account for 30% of the market for ethical purchases related to health trends.
- Gen Y is active in meal planning.
- As of 2018, 7% of millennials were vegetarian and 3% were vegan; 8% of Gen X was vegetarian and 4% were vegan; and 3% of baby boomers were vegetarian and 1% was vegan.
- In 2019, 31.1% of millennials expressed interest in low carb diets, 23.5% expressed interest in low calorie diets, and 19.3% expressed interest in the ketongenic diet.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
We suggest continuing research to identify the percentage of each generation that engages in health/fitness/lifestyle activities such as gluten-free, brain optimization, triathlete, and Ironman.