Health Insurance Research
To get a list of top 5 health insurance providers in each of these geographical locations; Malaysia, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Our background research unveiled the following information about the market:
- The direct premiums for the health and personal accident segments amounted to 8,354 million and 28,204 million, respectively.
- The health and personal accident segments come under the non-life insurance category; "in 2017, the top 5 companies dominated 45% market share, and top 10 companies dominated 62.17% market share." The total number of non-life insurers in Thailand is 59.
Key Players (Large Sized Insurers)
- The top 5 players in the large insurer category of the non-life insurance segment include Viriyah Insurance (16.47%), Dhipapya Insurance (8.88%), Bangkok Insurance (7%), Muang Thai Insurance (5.51%), and Southeast Insurance (4.74%).
Direct Premiums Earned by the Players
- The direct premiums for Dhipaya Insurance for the Personal Accident and the Miscellaneous segment (which includes health insurance) amounted to 7,596 million and 7,015 million.
- Viriyah Insurance's miscellaneous insurance category gained 80,470 million Baht growing by 5.43 percent.
- The total amount of direct premium earned by Muang Thai from nonlife insurance segments amounted to 12,102,960.
- Growth premium for Bangkok Insurance's health and personal accidents segment amounted to 11.3 percent and 5.3 percent, respectively. The written premium for the miscellaneous segment for 2018 was 8,391 million.
- Net premium earned by Southeast Insurance amounted to 5,047 million.
Types of Insurance Products
- The miscellaneous insurance category includes solutions for IARs, public liability, personal accident, health, travel, and bail bond.
Revenue for the Year 2018
Key Players (Medium Sized Insurers)
- The top 5 players in the medium sized insurer category of the non-life insurance segment include Deves Insurance (2.09%), Road Accident Victims Protection (1.87%), MSIG Insurance (1.71%), ThaiVivat Insurance (1.61%), and AXA Insurance (1.50%).
All the figures included in this report for all the companies are reported in Thai baht. All the figures for each of these providers are for the year 2018.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.