Health and Wellness Apps
Identify the in-app subscription pricing models (including free trial periods) of the top ten health and wellness iOS apps in order to inform a pricing strategy for a new health app.
Ranking the Top 10
- On December 10th, 2019, the top ten health and wellness apps by Apple Store ranking were Calm, SHRED, Flo Period & Ovulation Tracker, Fitbit, BetterMe, Lunar, MyFitnessPal, Reflecty, Life Advisor, and Muscle Booster Workout Tracker.
- The top-grossing health and wellness apps in the Apple Store as of December 10th, 2019, were Calm, Weight Watchers, MyFitnessPal, Headspace, SWEAT, BetterMe, Muscle Booster Workout Tracker, Flo Period & Ovulation Tracker, Noom, and Lose It!.
- The Apple Store's popular app ranking lists the top ten health and fitness apps as MyFitnessPal, Fitbit, Lose It!, Calm, Nike Run Club, Headspace, Map My Run, Flo Period & Ovulation Tracker, Weight Watchers, and Sweatcoin.
- The top ten most popular paid health and fitness apps in the App Store are AutoSleep Track Sleep on Watch, The Wonder Weeks, My Macros+, Couch to 5K, HeartWatch, WaterMinder, Streaks, Full Fitness, Stamena, and Instant Heart Rate+ HR Monitor.
- Calm, Flo Period & Ovulation Tracker, Fitbit, BetterMe, MyFitnessPal, Muscle Booster Workout Tracker, Weight Watchers, Headspace, and Lose It! are the nine apps listed more than once in the aforementioned four rankings.
Flo Period & Ovulation Tracker
- Flo Period & Ovulation Tracker was the most downloaded Health & Fitness app in the App Store worldwide in August 2019.
- Flo has a free and a premium version, and some paid premium options have a free trial period.
- The one-month subscription is $9.99, the three-month subscription is $19.99, the six-month subscription is $39.99, and the one-subscription is $49.99.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.