Global Market Research Leaders
To analyze the global market research leaders (Nielsen, Kantar, Quintiles, Ipsos, GfK, IrI, Mckinsey, Westat) and identify what they focus on, who they sell to, how much they charge, and whether they buy research from others.
- Nielsen is a global measurement and data analytics company. They provide insights on what consumers watch and what they buy and how those choices intersect.
- They offer media and marketing information,
analytics, and manufacturer and retailer expertise about what and where consumers buy and what
consumers read, watch and listen to.
- Kantar is a leading data, insights and consulting company. They provide evidence-based insights and actionable recommendations to clients, worldwide.
They provide insights on how people think, feel, and act.
- The industries they serve include the automotive sector, consumer packaged goods, energy and utilities, fashion and beauty, finance, government and public sector, life sciences, media, retail, and technology.
- Their life sciences segment is focused on gathering evidence and patient insights. They evaluate patient experiences and outcomes and also provide qualitative insights on physician motivations and behaviors.
- Quintiles is the largest pharmaceutical outsourcing services company in the U.S. They "provide product development, financial assistance, and commercial services to assist pharmaceutical companies in their clinical trials."
- In 2016, Quintiles and IMS Health merged to become IQVIA.
- They are focused on "helping people in healthcare make better decisions and advance human health" using data science.
- They serve different industry segments, including pharmaceutical manufacturers, emerging biopharma, consumer health, med tech, generic manufacturers, patient associations, providers, payers, information partner services, and public health and government.
- Some companies that use IQVIA solutions include Novo Nordisk and Roche, Adhera Therapeutics, Napo Pharmaceuticals, Pierre Fabre Pharmaceuticals, PruGen Pharmaceuticals, Recordati, and Theramex.
- The IQVIA Institute supports independent research and collaborates with researchers and students.
- For this hour, we tried identifying as much of the requested information as possible. We were mainly able to identify some early insights on Nielsen, Kantar, and Quintiles.
- We focused a bit more on Kantar and Quintiles since they appeared to do more market research in healthcare compared to Nielsen. We were able to identify some brief insights on what healthcare aspects they focus on and found some insights on what industries they sell to.
- However, insights on how much they charge and whether they buy research from others did not appear immediately available in a public search.
- We also found that the IQVIA Institute collaborates with researchers and students. They also welcome proposals that examine most aspects of healthcare and are particularly interested in projects that are directly relevant to ongoing healthcare reform. Their high-priority areas include
"comparative effectiveness, drug utilization trends and expenditure, real-world practice, and geographic variations in care."
- We recommend continuing the research for the other identified global market research leaders (Ipsos, GfK, IrI, Mckinsey, Westat). If more research on Nielsen, Kantar, and IQVIA is preferred, please let us know in a comment below.
- In the course of our research, we also came across Mercer, a consulting company that has conducted surveys on healthcare workers in the healthcare industry. We can explore this further if this is of interest.
- Feel free to add or select an option below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.