Healthcare Outlook - Genes, Environment, and Lifestyle
Determine the factors that will impact healthcare costs in the future. The information will be used for a presentation.
GLOBAL HEALTHCARE OUTLOOK
- LIFE EXPECTANCY AND POPULATION GROWTH
- 50% of the surge in healthcare costs comes from increases in medical services amount.
- The two main drivers of the rise in healthcare spending are "population growth (23%) and population aging (12%).
- CHRONIC DISEASES
- Diabetes is seen to be the main disease that can grately impact healthcare spending.
- Currently, the treatment cost for this disease already reached $44.4 billion out of the $64.4 billion spending increase to deal with this illness.
- Other diseases that currently have the largest spending increases are the following: low-back and neck pain - $57.2 billion; high-blood pressure - $46.6 billion; and high cholesterol - $41.9 billion.
- The greying population, increase in the spread of chronic illnesess, innovations in expensive technology, and others are seen to increase healthcare spending in the future.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.