Healthcare System Mergers
To provide a list of the fastest-growing healthcare systems in the United States along with their size and/or revenue. The research has to be focused on the healthcare systems that have merged in the last year to create larger systems.
Merger Between Baylor Scott & White Health and Memorial Hermann Health System
Merger Between Dignity Health and Catholic Health Initiatives
Merger Between Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network
Merger Between Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Lahey Health
- In March 2019, Boston-based Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Lahey Health in Burlington, Massachusetts, announced their merger to become Beth Israel Lahey Health.
- Owing to the merger, the combined entity became a health care system with 13 hospitals and 4,300 physicians in Massachusetts.
Merger Between Hackensack Meridian Health and Carrier Clinic
- New Jersey-based Hackensack Meridian Health announced its merger with Belle Mead, New Jersey-based behavioral health provider Carrier Clinic in January 2019.
- The merger was targeted at improving Hackensack Meridian Health’s behavioral healthcare offerings.
- US$25 million investment in carrier’s facilities, at the time of the merger, was expected to improve behavioral health care services through a team of primary care physicians, psychiatrists and advanced practice nurses across Hackensack’s network of 17 hospitals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.