Pop-Culture Event Calendars
To create three calendars that highlight monthly events happening in 1. UK, 2. Germany, and 3. France in a Google Sheet. The events identified should focus on pop-cultural moments and not arbitrary holidays. It can include streaming offers, culturally-relevant events, music events, book launches, movies, plays, series, conferences, social talks, anticipated hypes, upcoming trends, or other happenings. This research will be used to build a year-long editorial calendar that is based on pop-cultural events.
- Below are details for the events that were added to the UK calendar created in this spreadsheet.
- Location: Various venues, London
- Festival Line-up: SOPHIE, Daniel Avery, Ben UFO, Atari Teenage Riot and more
Re-textured is a festival that pairs "cutting-edge electronic music with light shows, and takes place within brutalist and modernist buildings."
- Date: May 2
- Location: Various venues, Brixton
- Festival Line-up: Crazy P, Jocelyn Brown, John Morales and more
- The Brixton Disco Festival
is a "day-long celebration of disco spread around some of Brixton's best venues."
Festival Line-up: Aitch, Sarathy Korwar, GoGo Penguin, Odunsi (The Engine) and more
- The Great Escape features new artists at this festival, which is spread out across different venues in Brighton.
- Dates: 22-31st May 2020
- Location: London
- Festival lineup: Tame Impala, Kraftwerk 3D, Massive Attack, Caribou, Iggy Pop, Glass Animals, Johnny Marr, Neneh Cherry, Nils Frahm
All Points East will have "ten days of multi-flavored music, comedy, outdoor film screenings, theatre, children's activities, and others. "
- Dates: 13-14th June 2020
- Location: Manchester
- Festival lineup: Tyler, the Creator, Skepta, Lewis Capaldi, Khalid, Jorja Smith, Giggs, Anderson. Paak & The Free Nationals, Robyn
"Parklife Festival is one of the UK's most popular and famous weekend music festivals.
2. Glastonbury Festival
- Dates: 24-28th June 2020
- Location: Pilton
- Festival lineup: Sir Paul McCartney, Taylor Swift, Diana Ross + more to be announced
- The Glastonbury festival "hosts the biggest names in music on its famous Pyramid Stage, it also includes immersive theater soundtracked by electronic music's finest and underground names" and other forms of entertainment.
1. BST Hyde Park
- Dates: 2-11th July 2020
- Location: London
Festival lineup: Taylor Swift, Kendrick Lamar, Pearl Jam, Little Mix, Post Malone
2. Kendal Calling Festival
- Dates: 30th July — 2nd August 2020
- Location: Penrith
- Festival Lineup: Foals, Stereophonics, Primal Scream, Supergrass, Blossoms, Craig David presents TS5, The Kooks, Dizzee Rascal
1. Boardmasters Festival
- Location: Newquay
- Festival lineup: Skepta, Kings of Leon, The 1975, Dizzee Rascal, The Kooks, Loyle Carner, Mura Masa, Damian Marley
Boardmasters mixes the best surfers or skaters in the world with BMX kings and soundtracks the action with dance dons, folk stars, and pop favorites."
2. South West Four
- Dates: 29-30th August 2020
- Location: London
- Festival lineup: Major Lazer, The Streets, Kano, Krept & Konan, Rudimental, Kelis, Andy C, Stefflon Don
- The South West Four is a gathering of the EDM world, their understudies, and up-and-coming stars. It refers to the four stages of house, techno, minimal, trance and electronica.
1. Southport Weekender
- For the initial hour, we tried identifying as many events as possible that focused on pop-cultural events in the UK. We were able to create a preliminary calendar for the UK in this spreadsheet.
- We were able to find events for April, May June, July, August, and September. The pop-cultural events we were able to identify mostly related to UK festivals that had cultural or musical relevance, please let us know if other types of events should also be added to the UK calendar. We did not focus on adding January and February 2020, since these months have already finished, however, if events for these months are also desired, we can include past events for these months in the succeeding research as well.
- We can continue the research to identify events for March, October, November, and December in the UK, as well as create calendars for Germany and France.
- Feel free to select or add an option below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.