Company profile - eMerge Interactive
To provide a company overview of eMerge Interactive. An ideal response would have information on the investment details and investor returns.
- eMerge Interactive headquarters is located in Florida, US.
- eMerge Interactive operates as a business-to-business electronic commerce company that combines content, community, and transaction services. The Company developed an online marketplace for the cattle industry.
- The company provides "livestock procurement services, cattle inventory management tools, and livestock health management products."
- Based on the company's 10-k report to SEC, the company was founded in 1994 as a subsidiary of XL Vision.
- In 2000, eMerge Interactive raised $107 million from an IPO.
- This raised the company share of the US cattle market in 2000 to 14%. The company revenue also increased from $42 million in 1999 to $802 million in 2000.
- An attempt to search for information on the company website was unsuccessful because the website was last active in 2018.
- This source provides insights on all the company's financial filings to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) from 1999 to 2007.
- Based on data collated from the SEC, eMerge Interactive filled 6 annual reports from 1999 to 2005.
- The company's 10-k form for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2000, can be accessed here.
- The company's 10-k form for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2001,
can be accessed here.
- The company's 10-k form for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2002, can be accessed here
- The company's 10-k form for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2003, can be accessed here
- The company's 10-k form for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2004, can be accessed here.
- The company's 10-k form for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2005, can be accessed here.
- In 2007, the company filed for protection with the federal bankruptcy court under Chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code.
- As a result of this process, the company was dissolved with its business unites – CattleLog and VerifEYE – sold to new owners.
Summary Of Our Early Findings Relevant To The Goals
- Our initial hour of research provided insights that directly answer some of the questions provided to us, but we were unable to tackle the entire ask due to time constraints.
- We were also unable to identify information on investor returns. Therefore, we propose that we focus on finding information on the company's investors, mergers & acquisitions, and partnerships.
- Please select one or more of the options provided in the proposed scoping section below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.