Professional Painting Services
To provide an understanding of professional painting services including: the nature of the painting professional network, and any regional or national professional painting services providers. This information will help in the creation of a tool that consumers can use to connect with painting professionals based on accurately priced painting jobs.
Professional Painting Market in the U.S.
- The U.S. painters industry is estimated at $37 billion, and has 246,518 businesses that employ 411,330 people. This industry includes "establishments primarily engaged in interior or exterior painting, as well as interior wall covering."
- Major players in the U.S. painters industry include:
- The U.S. house painting and decorating contractors market is estimated at $18 billion, and has 236,374 businesses that employ 327,985 people. This industry "provides interior and exterior painting services for homes and apartment buildings."
- Major players in this market include:
- FirstService Corp., which through its FirstService Brands has over 1,400 franchisees and numerous company-owned locations. One of its brands is CertaPro Painters, the largest residential painting contractor in North America providing professional painting services for homes and businesses.
- Five Star Painting, which is a national brand with more than 190 franchise territories across the U.S. and Canada.
- Fresh Coat Painters, which offers full-service residential and commercial painting.
- Professional painters are also members of trade associations such as the Painting Contractors Association, and the American Coatings Association (ACA).
- Companies that offer or facilitate on-demand painting services are on the rise such as Paintzen. Through Paintzen, consumers are able to "pick the perfect color, generate a quote, get matched with the right crew for their job, and book professional painting services for their home or business, all through a single online platform." Paintzen is currently available in over 8 U.S. markets for residential clients including New York, Washington, D.C., Pittsburgh, and Los Angeles.
Summary of Findings
In this preliminary hour of research, we focused on the U.S. and provided insights on the painters' industry in the country. We also provided insights on the major players in the industry, and examples of professional painters' associations, both of which give an idea of how the professional painters are organized. In addition, we also provided an example of an on-demand professional painting service platform that appears similar to what the ultimate goal of the research seeks to address.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.