The Sartorius Group: Company Analysis
To provide a background research on what Sartorius does, who they serve, and also the different between Sartorius AG and Sartorius Stedim Biotech S.A.
The Sartorius Group
- The Sartorius Group was formed by the merger of Sartorius AG's biotechnology division and Sartorius Stedim Biotech S.A. in 2007 to become a global leader in providing technology for the biopharmaceutical industry.
- The company serve biotech scientists and engineers across the biopharmaceutical industry working in labs to produce drugs.
- The new company is listed on the Paris stock exchange.
- The group's services include bioprocess development & engineering, protein expression systems, media & process, validation services, testing, and instrument services.
- Its product portfolio include "Cell Analysis, Cell Culture Media and Buffers, Bioreactors | Fermenters, Lab Filtration & Purification, Process Filtration & Purification, Fluid Management, Process Control & Data Analytics (PAT), Industrial Microbiology, Water Purification, Weighing, Pipetting & Dispensing, and OEM."
Sartorius AG: Overview
- The Sartorius Group is a "leading international partner of the biopharmaceutical industry and the research sector."
- It was founded in 1870 by Florenz Sartorius as a short-beam analytical balances (photo) producer.
- Sartorius AG is the "parent company of the Sartorius Group. It is headquartered in Göttingen, Germany, and listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange with preference and ordinary shares."
- According to the company, it is helping biotech scientists and engineers around the world in the development and manufacturing of medications, starting from the first idea until the actual production.
- It holds about 74% of the share capital and approximately 85% of the voting rights of Sartorius Stedim Biotech S.A. Also, Sartorius AG holds "a 100% stake in Sartorius Lab Holding GmbH, which is the parent corporation of the subgroup comprising the Group’s lab Business."
- The company contributes to the building of innovative technologies required to manufacture drugs more efficiently, with less time and money.
- Sartorius Group is also known for providing the biopharmaceutical industry with laboratory equipment and tools such as pipettes, laboratory balances, and lab consumables to help reduce physical workloads and simplify workflows.
- The company's core values are sustainability, openness, and enjoyment.
- It has 9,000+ staff members in over 110 countries.
Sartorius Stedim Biotech: Overview
- Sartorius Stedim Biotech is a daughter company of Sartorius AG.
- Sartorius Stedim Biotech claims to be a leading partner of the biopharma industry.
- Its solutions involve the safe, timely, and economical production of drugs for customers.
- The key product categories of the company are cell cultivation, filtration, purification, fermentation, and fluid management.
- Its headquarters is located in Aubagne, France, and listed on the Euronext Paris stock market. "It is the parent company of the Group’s bioprocessing business."
- As of December 31, 2019, Sartorius Stedim Biotech had 6,203 employees.
- Sartorius Stedim Biotech has a global presence, with sales, manufacturing, and R&D sites in over 20 countries across North America, Europe, and Asia.
- It focuses on single-use technologies and added-value services to meet the rapidly changing technology requirements of the industry it serves.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.