Fresh Turmeric Roots Export Companies
To identify companies that are either growers or exporters of fresh turmeric roots to the US market from Jamaica.
- Rowan’s Royale is a farm located in the Blue Mountains at an altitude of over 4000 feet, above Silver Hill Gap, Portland, Jamaica.
- Although organic Jamaica blue mountain coffee is the main crop and export for the farm, it also grows root crops, such as turmeric and ginger.
- The web address of the company can be found here.
- The contact numbers of the farm are +1876-927-2015 (Dorienne Rowan-Campbell) and +1876-779-4408.
Farm Up Jamaica
- Farm Up Jamaica is a non-profit organization, located in New York, USA, with its farms located in Westmoreland, Jamaica.
- The organization has been formed to create global, multi-impact partnerships in order to help expand the production of organically-grown produce like turmeric while preserving its Jamaican integrity.
- The impact sourcing program of Farm Up allows corporate partnerships that help farmers make a sustainable living in exchange of gaining a strategic sourcing advantage for high quality organic products.
- The link to the website of Farm Up can be found here
- The contact number of the organization is (516) 376-1626
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
Our initial research indicates that since the turmeric market of Jamaica is fragmented into lots of small farmers and family owned farms which do not sell their produce directly or export them to other countries, details relating to growers and exporters is difficult to find.
We recommend continued research to identify 3-5 companies that are either the growers or exporters of fresh turmeric roots to the US market from Jamaica.
For each grower/exporter found, the research would provide a brief overview of their turmeric farming operations along with citing their website address and direct contact numbers.
We also recommend research to identify 2-3 programs/initiatives that have been undertaken by the government authorities (ministry of industry, commerce, agriculture & fisheries; ministry of foreign affairs and foreign trade, etc.) or by relevant national/international organizations (food and agriculture organization or FAO, Jamaica manufacturers and exporters association, etc.) to encourage the cultivation of turmeric and its export.
For each program/initiative cited, the research would provide a detailed overview of what the program is, how it helps Jamaican turmeric roots to reach other countries along with citing their website address and direct contact numbers.