Highlights Magazine Competitive Landscape
To conduct a competitive analysis of Highlights Magazine and its competitors in order to facilitate preparation for a meeting.
- Highlights Magazine is a national kids magazine with different editions targeted to kids aged 0-2 years, 2-6 years, and 6-12 years.
- The magazine has won over a dozen of awards over the years, including 2016 Family Choice Award, 2015 National Parenting Publications Award, 2014 Parent's Choice Award — Gold, 2013 Mom's Choice Award, and 2012 National Parenting Publications Award.
- The magazine had over 2 million copies in circulation as of 2016, the latest data we could find.
- Assuming that the company still had about 2 million magazines in circulation in 2017, that would mean the only children magazines more popular in the US based on circulation are Scholastic News (3,500,000) and FamilyFun (2,109,460). The other top competitors based on number of issues in circulation are Time For Kids: News Scoop (1,100,000), Teen VOGUE (1,018,955), My Quince (950,000), and National Geographic Kids (945,072)
- Based on Amazon's best-sellers list for children magazine, Highlights Magazine is ranked 7th. Four of the top seven are occupied by different editions of National Geographic kids, while the others are Sports Illustrated Kids and Highlights High Five.
- Highlights Magazine targets children and their parents, positioning themselves as a publication that serves children content that creates experience that engages, delights, and fosters joyful learning.
- In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific reports that provided data on the market share or share of voice of Highlights Magazine.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.