Top Las Vegas-Type Honeymoon Locations
To identify the top 10 honeymoon destinations in the world that are similar to Las Vegas and to obtain a list of hotels and attractions in Las Vegas that are suitable for honeymooners for the purposes of preparing options for a client.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
- According to GamblingSites, San Juan, Puerto Rico is the number one alternative to Las Vegas in terms of gambling and activities. There are 11 casinos on the island.
- This country is also appropriate for honeymooners thanks to the romantic beaches, the warm weather, and the fact that it is inexpensive compared to other honeymoon destinations.
- Another reason Puerto Rico is a good option for a honeymoon is that U.S. citizens do not need a passport since the island is a U.S. territory. Moreover, they don't need to worry about exchanging money.
- U.S. honeymooners can get the experience of visiting an exotic country without the hassles usually associated with overseas travel.
New Orleans, Louisiana
- New Orleans, Louisiana has a very similar vibe to Las Vegas, with Bourbon Street closely resembling the Las Vegas Strip.
- As with Las Vegas, the alcohol flows freely in New Orleans, and can be consumed on the open street.
- If gambling is the attraction, there are five casinos operating in and around New Orleans, which can give the city an even more Vegas-like atmosphere.
- New Orleans may be a bit unconventional for a honeymoon, but the French Quarter offers numerous romantic restaurants and activities such as horse-drawn carriage rides.
- There are also numerous elegant hotels situated on the riverbank, providing guests with a romantic view of the water and bridges in the area.
- The old-world feel of the city makes it seem like a lifetime away from more modern cities in the U.S.
Monte Carlo, Monaco
- For honeymooners looking for a destination outside of the U.S. that is similar to Las Vegas, Monte Carlo, Monaco on the French Riviera would be a good option.
- Before Las Vegas even existed as a gambling destination, Monte Carlo "was the world’s preeminent gambling hub."
- Unlike Las Vegas, romantic beaches line the coast of Monaco, making it an ideal destination for a honeymoon.
- Monaco is a popular destination for the rich and famous, so brides and grooms who are looking to immerse themselves in "luxury and glamour," Monte Carlo is the place to be.
- Activities such as luxury yacht cruises, operas at the Monte Carlo Opera House, and tours of museums and palaces would make this a honeymoon to remember.
- Note that due to the number of high rollers who make Monte Carlo their gambling base, minimums are likely higher than they are in Las Vegas.
Romantic Hotels in Las Vegas
- According to the Oyster, the top five most romantic hotels in Las Vegas are the following:
- According to LasVegasJaunt, the top five romantic activities in Las Vegas are the following:
- The High Roller at the Linq — this is a 500-foot Ferris wheel that makes one complete turn every 30 minutes. It's perfect for a newlywed couple to enjoy each other's company and the view. There is even a bar on board!
- Eiffel Tower Experience at The Paris Hotel — Newlyweds can ride up the elevator to the top of the Eiffel Tower replica and enjoy the view of Vegas from 46 stories high.
- Couples Massage at The Aria — Although almost all hotels in Las Vegas have spas, The Aria's experience has been rated as one of the top five by Travel and Leisure Magazine.
- Gondola Rides at The Venetian — A private gondola ride is a perfect way for honeymooners to have some time alone in the middle of one of the busiest cities in the world.
- Zumanity at New York New York — This is a live adults-only Cirque du Soleil-type show that is both "sensual and sexy."
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
As the initial research identified three alternative cities to Las Vegas, we recommend continued research to identify seven additional alternative cities to Las Vegas. We will highlight how each city is like Las Vegas and what makes it appropriate for honeymooners.
We also recommend continued research into a Las Vegas honeymoon. We suggest a mock 3-day itinerary to include a hotel (along with pricing), restaurant recommendations (5-6), and activity recommendations (5-6).