Houston Customer Visit: Insights on Companies, People
To gather background data on Tenaris, Thru Tubing Solutions, and Schlumberger, which will focus on investment profiles, acquisitions, the level of risk they may be willing to take, and how many pilot projects are done annually, in order to prepare for a meeting.
To gather background data on three people: Carlos Blanc, Erik Jorgensen, and Manuel Marya to include their work history from the past 5 to 10 years, any projects they have led, any awards received, any press, any specific technical expertise, and their educational background in order to prepare for a meeting.
Our background information on Tenaris, Thru Tubing Solutions, and Schlumberger and key members of their staff revealed insights. Here are some key pieces of information we found:
Thru Tubing Solutions (TTS)
- "TTS focuses on downhole operations exclusively, and delivers specialized service to shale regions across the globe."
- Schlumberger recently introduced an At-Bit Steerable System on October 1, 2019 for "drilling horizontal wells in a single run."
- Rockwell Automation and Schlumberger recently announced on October 2, 2019 that they were closing the Sensia Joint Venture.
- Carlos Blanc is the "Unconventional Technologies Director" at Tenaris and has worked there in this position for close to 27 years.
- He has specific expertise in OCTG products (design, manufacturing and applications), marketing and business development.
- His educational background is in industrial engineering, where he attended Universidad Nacional Rosario from 1988-1993 and in administration/strategic marketing, where he attended Universidad de Ciencias Empresariales y Sociales from 1996-1997 and obtained a master's degree.
- Erik Jorgensen is the Manager of Engineering Services at Thru Tubing Solutions and has worked in this position for close to one and a half years. He previously worked at BHP Billiton as a Senior Engineer (Drilling & Completions North American Shale) , Manager, (Eagle Ford Well Delivery,Central Engineering Petroleum) and Senior Manager (Continuous Improvement Petroleum, Worldwide) from 2012-2018, with Senior Manager as his last position there.
- He has specific expertise in Upstream oil and gas and drilling.
- His educational background is in mechanical engineering and business administration. He attended the University of Wisconsin-Madison from 1989-1994 for mechanical engineering, and obtained a master's degree in business administration from the University of Wisconsin-Parkside where he attended from 1995-1999.
- Manuel Marya is a Technical Advisor (Materials, Corrosion, Technology, R&D) and Engineering Manager at Schlumberger for approximately 14 years.
- He has specific technical expertise in: design review/audits, fit-for-service materials selection, standard compliance, (e.g., API/ISO, NACE MR0175, ASME BPVC XIII & IX, ASTM, NORSOK) and specifications, along with other general technical skills areas.
- His educational background is at the Colorado School of Mines where he attended from 1996-2001 and obtained a master's degree in materials/metallurgical engineering with a focus on welding/joining, and a doctorate degree in materials/metallurgical engineering.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
As our initial research only touched upon the company profiles of Tenaris, Thru Tubing Solutions, and Schlumberger, we recommend additional research that will focus on investment profiles, acquisitions, the level of risk they may be willing to take, and how many pilot projects are done annually for a comprehensive report.
As our initial research also only touched upon the backgrounds of Carlos Blanc, Erik Jorgensen, and Manuel Marya, we recommend further research that will focus on any projects they have led, any awards received, and any press for a comprehensive report.