To obtain information about Shiseido, including its innovation strategy, innovative new products/features launched, and how it compares with competitors in terms of innovation.
- In terms of technology, Shiseido's vision is "to be the best innovative beauty company".
- The company does not limit itself to developing cosmetics alone; it also focuses on introducing and creating "unprecedented products and new value that go beyond".
- In August 2018, Shiseido launched an innovative collection of skincare products that was inspired by the Japanese tradition of 'washoku', which means 'harmony with nature'.
- Sangamo Therapeutics, a rival brand in terms of hair products, has inititiated clinical trials aimed at improving its hair technology.
- As of December 2018, HairClone was working on developing an "innovative procedure to rejuvenate, and hopefully one day, fully regenerate new hair follicles".
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
Our background search reveals that Shiseido is focused on creating innovative products and several brands are also working towards improving their product and service delivery. We recommend the following:
1) A press scan to provide Shiseido's recent innovations (what it has launched in terms of digital products, new customer features, etc) in the last 24 months.
2) A press scan to provide the recently launched (in the last 24 months) innovative products/features of at least 2 other beauty companies similar to Shiseido.
Also, we recommend further research to provide 2-3 innovative products launched by Shiseido that have received/generated the most buzz within the past 2 years.