Cosmetics and Skin Creams
To obtain the market sizes of BB (blemish balm) cream, overnight face moisturizing cream, and concealer, along with the market share for men; the overall number of men who use cosmetics in the U.S.; statistics on the adoption of cosmetics by men both globally and in the U.S.; and a competitive landscape of For Men Makeup, Altr, Tom Ford, and War Paint to include the annual revenue, growth, product SKUs, selling methodology and channels, and global distribution for each company. This information will be used to evaluate the market opportunity for a new brand.
- The global BB cream market size is projected to reach $5.41 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 14.4%.
- This would mean that the market sizes for each previous year can be calculated as follows.
- 2025: $5.41 billion
- 2024: $4.23 billion ($5.41 billion / 1.144)
- 2023: $3.70 billion ($4.23 billion / 1.144)
- 2022: $3.23 billion ($3.70 billion / 1.144)
- 2021: $2.82 billion ($3.23 billion / 1.144)
- 2020: $2.47 billion ($2.82 billion / 1.144)
- 2019: $2.16 billion ($2.47 billion / 1.144)
- North America has a 20% market share of the global BB cream market size.
- This would make North America's BB cream market size $432,000,000 in 2019 ($2.16 billion x 0.20).
- Women account for more than 90% of BB cream sales, which means men represent less than 10% of BB cream sales.
- According to a survey conducted by Euromonitor, 56% of men have "admitted to using some sort of facial cosmetic like foundation, concealer or BB cream at least once in 2018."
OVERNIGHT FACE MOISTURIZER
- The global night cream market was estimated at $7.12 billion in 2018 and it is growing at a CAGR of 7.24%.
- This would mean that the global market size is estimated to be $7.63 billion in 2019 ($7.12 billion x 1.0724).
- In 2016, the U.S. market share of the night cream market was $1.40 billion, having grown from $1.31 billion in 2015. This is a CAGR of 6.87%.
- If the U.S. market continued to grow at a CAGR of 6.87% through 2019, the U.S. market size would be the following:
- 2016: $1.40 billion
- 2017: $1.50 billion ($1.40 billion x 1.0687)
- 2018: $1.60 billion ($1.50 billion x 1.0687)
- 2019: $1.71 billion ($1.60 billion x 1.0687)
- Concealer sales grew 10% in the U.S. between 2016 and 2017.
- A competitive landscape comparing Makeup for Men, Altr, Tom Ford, and War Paint has been initiated on the attached spreadsheet.
- The revenue, YoY growth, product SKUs, selling methodology (including channels), and global distribution will be compared for each company.
- In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.