Additive Manufacturing Metal Alloys
To determine the cost, characteristics, best resolution, and the top vendors for each type of metal/metal alloy used in additive manufacturing.
- Some of the most common metals and metal alloys used in additive manufacturing include stainless steel, tool steels, titanium and titanium alloys, aluminum and aluminum alloys, cobalt chrome, inconel 625, and inconel 718.
- There are different types of tool steel, classified in different series. Additive Manufacturing mainly uses tool steel series A, D, and H.
- The most used titanium alloy is the Ti-6Al-4V or simply Ti64.
- The two most used aluminum alloys are the zinc-based 7075 and the silicon-based 6061 aluminum alloy.
- Precious metals can also be used when in powder form. The most common ones include gold, silver, platinum and palladium. They are most commonly used in the jewelry industry.
- All the information has been added to the spreadsheet.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.