Greatest problems facing humanity
To create a list of 25 greatest problems facing humanity. The goal is to use the list to determine ambitious problems that can be addressed by building creative products or services or companies and scaling them globally.
- The world health organizations lists ten threats to global health in 2019; Air pollution and climate change, Noncommunicable diseases, Global influenza pandemic, Fragile and vulnerable settings, Antimicrobial resistance, Ebola and other high-threat pathogens, Weak primary health care, Vaccine hesitancy, Dengue, and HIV.
- As part of the Future Survey the top 15 challenges facing humanity are; sustainable development and climate change, clean water, population resources, democratization, global foresight and decision-making, global convergence of IT, rich — poor gap, health issues, education and learning, peace and conflict, status of women, transnational organized crime, energy, science and technology and global ethics.
- The United Nations currently lists 18 global issues that they view of the most pressing; Africa, aging, AIDS, atomic energy, Big Data for the SDGs, children, climate change, decolonization, democracy, ending poverty, food, gender inequality, health, human rights, international laws and justice, migration, oceans and the law of the sea, peace and security, population, refugees, water, and youth.
- The World Banks lists 29 global issues; agriculture and food, climate change, competitiveness, debt, digital development, disaster risk management, education, energy, environment, extractive industries, financial inclusion, financial sector, fragility, conflict and violence, gender, governance, health, inequality shared prosperity, infrastructure & Public-Private Partnerships, jobs and developments, macroeconomics and Fiscal Management, nutrition, poverty, regional integration, social development, social protection, trade, transport, urban development, and water.
- The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is working to address the following global issues; Discovery & Transnational Sciences, Enteric and Diarrheal Diseases, HIV, Innovative Technology Solutions, Integrated Development, Malaria, Maternal, Newborn & Child Health Discovery & Tools, Neglected Tropical Diseases, Pneumonia, Tuberculosis, Vaccine Development and Surveillance, Emergency Response, Family Planning, Global Libraries, Integrated Delivery, Maternal, Newborn & Child Health, Nutrition, Polio, Vaccine Delivery, Agricultural Development, Financial Services for the Poor, Gender Equality, Water, Sanitation & Hygiene, Tobacco Control, Development Policy and Finance, and Global Education Program.
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.