CMO, VP, and Directors: Demographics and Psychographics
To provide a demographics and psychographics analysis for CMOs, VPs, and Director-level positions.
- The average age of CMOs in the US is 54.
- There is not much variation between the different industries, with the oldest CMO being 55, working in the industrial sector, and the youngest CMO being 52, working in the consumer sector.
- However, where most variation occurs in the tenure time.
- The average tenure for a CMO is 3.5 years, with the longest tenure time so far being registered in the industrial sector, at 4 years, and the shortest being 3 years in the technology sector.
- The overwhelming majority of CMOs in the US are white at 87%.
- The rest of the CMOs are either Asian-American (5%), Latin-American (5%), or African-American (3%).
- A CMO is required to have either a Bachelor's degree or a Master’s Degree in business and marketing-related fields.
- CMOs are also required to have at least 10 years of experience in business and marketing positions as well as 3-5 years of experience in a leadership role.
- Apart from the leadership and problem-solving skills they posses, they also have a good understanding of economics, accounting, and the ability to critically analyze data.
- On average, CMO work for $171,459 but salaries can vary depending on the industry and the size of the company, with salaries ranging from $87,000 to $257,000 per year.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.