Health/Wellness Products Demographics
Identify the primary demographics driving the health and wellness products market to build a customer profile. The demographics to cover include age range, gender, income, and geographic distribution (within Canada).
- Gen Z and millennials focus on anxiety as a mainstream issue (Google searches have tripled in the last 10 years on the subject of anxiety). CBD is a major product of interest in the market.
- While more than 80% of Canadians report being not completely satisfied with their health, men were more satisfied than women.
- Men also use health and wellness products to prioritize preventing injury & illness, while women want to avoid stress.
- Of Canada’s organic market, top weekly buyers in 2017 were millennials (83%), University Graduates (78%), Albertans (74%), Families (72%), and men (67%).
- "The stereotypical organic customer is more likely to live in Alberta than British Columbia, and is a university-educated 30-something male with a family."
- A report by CB Insights notes that not only does the wellness market tout a $3.7 trillion global market size, but it is cutting across unexpected industries like "real estate, smart cities, cannabis, and more."
- Top wellness industries (global) include fitness, athleisure/apparel, active nutrition, beauty/personal care, corporate wellness, mental wellness, sleep, travel, cannabis, and real estate.
- Euromonitor recently put out a paywall report with an abstract noting that the health and wellness market in Canada has a "bright outlook as sales growth will accelerate."
- The report goes further to note additional trends n this market like the flourishing sales of organic foods, and "clean" ingredients.
- Popular label claims include "'cleaner', 'free from', 'non-GMO' and '100% natural.'"
- Health and wellness products are experiencing increases in their value sales shares in mainstream channels (like hypermarkets).
- The food sector is the biggest global segment in the health and wellness market.
- Some psychological aspects considered by health and wellness customers include a need to treat a current health issue, general dissatisfaction with current well-being, and concern about family well-being, among others.
- 2019 trend in health and wellness is a shift from "food to mood" with consumers focusing more on emotional health and well-being.
- Subjects within this source may be of interest (behind a sign-up wall). White papers include "Health & Wellness Retail Drivers: Next-Practices for Redefining Category Roles & Strategies" and "Health & Wellness Best Practices: Why Natural & Organic Products Matter to the Health-Minded Shopper"
1. The report, “Health and Wellness in Canada — Industry Overview” (Euromonitor International, $1,368.40) contains a section that may be of interest:
a. 5.2.1 Demographic Changes and Rising Health Consciousness Fuel Category Growth ($74.75)
If you'd like us to purchase this report on your behalf, just let us know!
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.