Psychographic Profile; Women (25 to 35 years)
To get a thorough psychographic analysis of Women in the age group of 25 to 34 years, including key insights about their interests, health concerns (relating to their period), and the common perception around period stigmas and period poverty.
Our first round of research unveiled the following information points:
- A survey conducted by NewYork Post and THINX provided some vital information about the perception that women have about sexual health, periods, and period poverty.
- "58 percent of women have felt a sense of embarrassment simply because they were on their period."
- "Seven in ten women have asked a friend to walk behind them during their period to "check" if it was showing through their clothes."
- "Another 62 percent admit that they have felt irked simply by using the word "period."
- "Nearly half of women (47 percent) have resorted to using more "palatable" names for their periods, with 87 percent using "time of the month," 36 percent saying "monthly visitor" and 34 percent referring to it as "mother nature."
- "Shopping can also pose an issue thanks to this needless stigma, as 44 percent of the women surveyed have felt awkward while buying tampons or pads at the store — with 15 percent feeling so uneasy that they have resorted to buying them online to avoid the store altogether."
- "Sixty-five percent of women are fine asking their partner to buy pads or tampons for them."
- "As for menstruation in the bedroom, more than half of women say that they aren't fans of period sex, with 28 percent of women said that they have never tried it."
- "More than one-third (38 percent) of women have felt pressure to perform other sexual acts on their partner because they or their partner didn't want to engage in intercourse during menstruation."
- "62 percent claim that they have experienced others failing to take their period pain seriously."
- "Sixty-three percent of women have canceled plans because they were dealing with PMS or period pain."
- "While most say that they gave the real reason as their excuse, 40 percent admit to having made up a false explanation for canceling their plans during their periods."
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.