North American Gig Market
Understand the gig market size and key players in North America.
- Findings have been provided in the attached spreadsheet.
- Our initial search found that the only readily available information regarding the gig economy in North America only covered the United States. As a result, we have used the United States as a proxy for the market information.
- In 2018, the United States gig market was valued at $1.3 Trillion
broken down with the following segments:
- In the United States there was a total of 57 million gig workers in 2018.
- 56% of those workers, amounting to 31.92 million (57 million*0.56=31.92), worked with more than one company.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
Our initial search provided details of the United States gig market size, number of workers, and breakdown by segment. We suggest continuing research by identifying 10 key players in the North American market and supplying their name, website, and the number of workers in the key players tab of the attached spreadsheet.
In addition, we could attempt to triangulate the North American market size by finding the total market value and number of workers in each country or a similar metric.