US Security Camera Market Overview
Develop an overview of the US security camera market by identifying segment names, volumes, main characteristics, main players, and key ads in order to inform a startup's market strategy.
- The Security Camera Market can be segmented into type (hardware, software, and services), verticals (commercial, infrastructure, institutional, industrial, defense, and residential), and systems (Analog and IP).
- Analog and Internet Protocol (IP) cameras are the two main categories of surveillance cameras. IP cameras are most popular for home security systems, while analog cameras remain popular in other settings.
- Video Surveillance-as-a-Service (VSaaS) is a web-hosted cloud-based video surveillance segment that has recently gained popularity.
- In 2018, the North American IP camera market accounted for 35% of the $8 billion total global market share.
- In the United States, IP camera sales revenue has increased from $65 million in 2014 to $154 million in 2017.
- The IP surveillance segment held the largest share of revenue in 2017 global surveillance camera market.
- The hybrid surveillance segment is expected to register the highest CAGR, 17.3% between 2018 and 2025, of all the surveillance camera segments.
- Infrared cameras make up 30% of the global total $8 billion IP camera market.
- Key players in the video surveillance market include FLIR, Honeywell Security Group, Infinova, Pelco, and BCD Video.
- Some key US players in the home security camera market include Motorola Home, Netgear Inc, FrontPoint Security Solutions LLC, ADT Security Services, SimpliSafe, Vivint Inc, and Nest Cam.
- Honeywell Security Group is a leader in the VSaaS segment.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.