Protein Drink Options: User Demographics
To determine which demographic groups prefer and purchase which protein drink options to develop an understanding of how modern customers are purchasing protein drinks/mixes.
- Protein powders used to make protein shakes and drinks, are very popular among fitness enthusiasts and people who choose to live healthier lifestyles.
- Protein powders come in three different forms: concentrates, isolates, and hydrolysates, and are made from a variety of animal and plant sources.
- Protein form options that provide all nine essential amino acids are whey, casein, egg, pea, hemp, brown rice, mixed plant, and soy.
- RunnersWorld recommends runners choose protein drinks made from whey, casein, pea, hemp, and soy.
- Users of nutritional supplements, including protein drinks, live healthier lifestyles overall compared to non-users. The Council for Responsible Nutrition reports that in 2018, 70% of people using nutritional supplements including protein drinks exercised regularly, 80% visited their doctor regularly, and 87% tried to eat a balanced diet. Additionally, 74% tried to get a good night's sleep, 69% successfully maintained a healthy weight, and 75% didn't smoke/use tobacco in any form.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.